Use free our excelent sofrware Spherical Panorama Virtual Tour Builder. Create with us your amazing virtual tours:
Kyiv Pechersk Lavra, Church Spasa on Berestovo, Eastern Orthodox Christian Monastery
Kyiv Pechersk Lavra, Church Spasa on Berestovo, the Historical Place
"Church Spasa on Berestovo", Eastern Christian Monastery. Part #4, of the Lavra virtual tours.
Church Spasa on Berestovo, full virtual tour map
Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra (Kyievo-Pecherska Lavra), also known as the Kyiv Monastery of the Caves,
is a historic Eastern Orthodox Christian monastery.
The Church of the Savior on Berestov is an ancient church in Kiev near the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, on the outskirts of Berestov,
an architectural monument of the 11th-12th centuries. It was built beyond the boundary of the fortified walls of the
Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, it is respected by part of the historical-architectural ensemble of the Lavra, and at the same
time in 1990 it was included in the list of objects of the World Fall by UNESCO.
The exact date is not yet known. According to the traditional version, the church was built during the reign of the Kiev
prince Volodymyr Monomakh between 1113 and 1125 as the main cathedral of the Transfiguration Monastery.
After the destruction of Kiev in 1240, the city remained in the West for several centuries. In 1640-1644,
through the efforts of the Kiev Metropolitan Peter Mogili, the church was revived,
from which until that time only the front part had been lost, it was restored in the Ukrainian Baroque style and re-painted.
On the cob of the 19th century. A three-tiered dzvinitsa was arrived in the classic style.
The Church enter the warehouse of the National Kiev-Pechersk Historical and Cultural Reserve.
Most of the old foundations, which were not vikorstan under Vidbudov, have been preserved and museumed.
In the interior of the temple, paintings from the 17th century have been preserved, and fragments of frescoes from the 12th century have also been found.
See also other virtual tours about memorial and historical places: